By Melissa Johns, Executive Vice President
In this season of gratitude, Pivotal can’t miss out on the opportunity to give a very loud shout out to our friends in the Junior League of San Jose. Its members are incredible women whose service in the community epitomizes voluntarism at its finest. Since the moment this group made the decision in 2016 to prioritize the success of transition age foster youth – there’s been no stopping them as a force for good.
Throughout the past year, volunteers from JLSJ have donated their time, energy, and financial resources to support our mission. Their actions demonstrate their leadership as community advocates who believe in community generated solutions. As you can see below, they’re always there for us in both big and small ways.
- 100+ college care packages for our foster youth scholars
- $1,000 donation to our Covid-19 Emergency Assistance Fund – one of the very first groups to respond to our call for help!
- 500+ meals delivered to scholars who were locked down at home due to Covid-19
- 33 dozen homemade cookies baked and mailed to guests of Pivotal’s first virtual Open House
- $5,000 matching gift challenge to promote Pivotal’s feature on KTVU Fox Channel 2’s Giving Day
- $15,000 Community Impact Grant
- 60+ hours of video editing for Pivotal’s new virtual events
- $8,000 for college scholarships
- Countless hours of volunteer engagement, supporting everything from event committees to informational interviews for scholars interested in their professions
Our partnership with the Junior League of San Jose is a treasured gift. Our team loves working with this group of talented leaders, and we can’t wait to see what we will achieve together in 2021.
If you’re interested in learning more about Junior League of San Jose, visit jlsj.org.
Volunteer created care packages ready to be sent out to post-secondary Pivotal scholars.