If you can answer yes to all of the these questions, you are probably eligible to receive a Pivotal Scholarship:
- A current or former foster youth who was in an out-of-home placement (or KinGAP) for at least one day after your 13th birthday.
- A current or former youth from the Santa Clara County or San Mateo County child welfare system, or you must be currently receiving ILP services from Santa Clara County.
- A high school graduate (or soon to be high school graduate) with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Planning to enroll or already enrolled in an accredited college, university, or vocational school in the fall semester.
- Committed to earning a college or vocational certificate, or a 2 or 4-year college degree.
- Enrolled or expect to enroll in an accredited college, university, or vocational school in the fall semester.
- Considered to have an “unmet” financial need, and willing to complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid). Most of the time, foster youth will qualify to receive the maximum federal aid available.